Definitions and interpretation
“Chew Valley Roofing” means Chew Valley Roofing Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10965624 whose registered office is at 5 Health Cottages, Tarnwell, Stanton Drew, Bristol, BS39 4DZ;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain feature of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
“Cookie Regulations” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to Chew Valley Roofing Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protections Laws;
“Data Protection Authority” means, in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), whose contact details can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk;
“Data Protection Laws” means any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive), GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations or secondary legislation, for as long as GDPR is effective in the United Kingdom;
“GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
“Us” and “We” have the same meaning as Chew Valley Roofing;
“User” and “You” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either –
(i) employed by Chew Valley Roofing and acting in the course of their employment, or
(ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Chew Valley Roofing and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
“Website” means the website that you are currently using, www.chewvalleyroofing.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
(1) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
(3) a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
(4) “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
(5) reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment to it;
(6) the headings and sub-headings do not form part of this policy.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Chew Valley Roofing is the “data controller”. This means that Chew Valley Roofing determines the purpose for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you, including –
(1) your name;
(2) your contact information, such as email addresses, property addresses and telephone numbers;
(3) demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
(4) your IP address (automatically collected);
(5) your web browser type and version (automatically collected); and
(6) a list of URLs starting with referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
6. We collect Data in the following ways –
(1) Data is given to us by you; and
(2) Data is collected automatically.
7. Chew Valley Roofing will collect your Data in a number of ways, including –
(1) when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
(2) when you elect to receive marketing communications from us; and
(3) when you use our services;
8. To the extent that you access this Website, we will collect your Data automatically, including –
(1) some information about your visit to the Website such as your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you interact with its content;
(2) your Data via Cookies, in line with the Cookie settings on your browser.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience whilst using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used for –
(1) internal record keeping;
(2) improvement of our products or services;
(3) transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you; and
(4) contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail;
10. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we’ll need your consent, whether via –
(1) opt-in, whereby we obtain your explicit consent, that is you taking positive and affirmative action when consenting, for example by checking a tick box that we’ll provide; or
(2) soft-opt-in, whereby we’ll take your consent as given unless you opt-out because you have previously engaged with us.
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see section headed “Your rights”, below).
Keeping Data secure
12. We’ll use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, including storing your Data on secure servers.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, you should let us know immediately by contact us.
14. If you want detailed information on how to protect your information and computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, visit www.getsafeonline.org.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. In relation to your Data you have a –
(1) right to access: the right to request –
(a) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
(b) that we modify, update or delete such information;
(2) right to correct: the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
(3) right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems;
(4) right to restrict our use of your Data: the right to “block” us for using for Data or limit the way in which we can use it;
(5) right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data; and
(6) right to object: the right to object to our use of your Data, including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. If, pursuant to Clause 17(1), we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse the request. If we refuse the request we will tell you why.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set our above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way we handle any request or complaint in relation to your Data, you may be able to complain to the Data Protection Authority.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes in business ownership and control
24. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy is protected.
27. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with Cookie Regulations.
28. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Chew Valley Roofing to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies, however, certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
29. This website may place the following Cookies –
(1) strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website;
(2) analytical/performance cookies: These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of Users of the Website, to see how Users move around the Website when they are using it, the website that the Users were visiting prior to accessing the Website, and the website that Users visit after leaving the Website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that people are finding the Website and, once visiting it, that they are finding what they are looking for easily;
(3) functionality cookies: These are cookies use to recognise you when you return to our website. This may enable us to personalise our content (for example, greeting you or remembering your preferences).
30. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed.
31. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently, including personalisation settings.
32. It is recommended that you ensure your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your settings.
33. More information about Cookies generally, including how to delete or disable them, can be found on www.aboutcookies.org.
36. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver or that, or any other, right or remedy.
38. Contact details for Chew Valley Roofing can be found on the Website.